Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a Sierra Spa hot tub with Hydro Quip components we

Customer Question

We have a Sierra Spa hot tub with Hydro Quip components we get the fault code FLC appears after approx 30 minutes which cuts out the heater. The circulation pump has been replaced together with new filter, new flow switch, new high limit sensor.
When FLC is displayed and I turn the tub off and on it clears the fault code but after approx 30mins the same problem occurs.
Other Forums state that the pressure switch is at fault my tub appears not to have one. The heater is "U" shaped and 1 inch diameter labelled "Lang". Could it be that after Approx 30 mins it goes into filtration mode and triggers FLC and why?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , are all your jets open? If not open all the jests up fully and try again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the jets are all open. I have tried that and all air has been purged from the tub.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

You may have a blockage of debris somewhere. Also check the valve is fully open even if the handle looks as if it is

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
If you can take off any hoses as well to inspect for blockages , scum build up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All valves were checked when we replaced the circulation pump we checked the impella for damage and blockages and there were none. With the new circulation pump there is very good circulation of water. To gain access to all the pipe work and fittings would mean dismantling most of the hot tub which is made of wood paneling and would be pretty drastic if this is not the cause. Could it be a PCB problem
I do not know who to turn to next?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Could be PCB. You have tried everything else.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a builder with plumbing knowledge and all that you have suggested I had already tried. I wanted a Hot Tub Specialist.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ can you give me the details on the Hydro~Quip rating plate and I will see if I can help you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tub is at our holiday home and we have come back now
I can advise you that the tub is either a 900 or 9000 model with twin pumps . Have you read the previous emails on the problem and my previous answers?
Yes I have but without the necessary information it will be difficult to help you out as there are a number of versions of both pcbs and components fitted to the Sierra Spa depending upon the clients requirements. If you could get me the details I should be able to help you further, guessing at this stage will likely end up with you spending monies on replacing components that are not faulty ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will contact my neighbour to go in to have a look at the tub and will come back to you.
No worries, look forward to it, have a great evening ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian our neighbour has advised us that the model is COROMANA(###) ###-####and he thinks the PCB ref is WD4428. Does this make sense.
Many Thanks
Hows about Corona CA this is the place in California that the thing is made !! The label looks like this ~~ http://www.hotwatercontrols.com/wiring.html ~~
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian
Apologies for the late reply as we have been away with the grandchildren!
We have an engineer looking at the tub on 1st June. This is the only day we could get access as we rent the property out. I would say he has a good knowledge of hot tubs and he is familiar with our one. However I don't think he has the caberbilities regarding the PCB board etc.
We did put in the wiring diagram number and then could not get a read out. You seem to be leading towards an electronic fault rather mechanical. Is there any advice or guidance we could relay to the engineer or details you may require or photographs to assist you.
Many Thanks Keith

A photo of the rating plate would be helpful if you could get it to me ~ Ian