George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a hotpoint washer dryer with f13 fault

i have a hotpoint washer dryer with f13 fault
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you tell me if the dryer fan is working?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes fan is working for first 2 mins

The error you are receiving is listed as the Dryer NTC or the Dryer Fan... I would therefore suggest that if the Dryer Fan is operating, you have a fault with the Dryer NTC
Have a look at the wiring going to the NTC... This would also report as an NTC issue if the wiring was defective
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i have checked wiring to plug

Ok, check the resistance across the terminals of the NTC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

with multi meter on 200k its showing 14.3 across terminals

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

With unit of machine it has gone up to 16.4 at 200k setting on multi

Ok, that seems ok... Check that the airflow from that fan is getting to and through the heater assembly..

Can you check the dryer filter for blockages... also the condenser and heater assembly
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i take it you mean filter on back of drum .yes i cleaned this when i took dryer of machine and stripped it down .found a lot of fluf in there cleaned it all and have checked there is airflow to drum when fan is on .

I have just checked and the dryer NTC must be appox 20 KOhms at ambiant temp of 20 degs

Change the NTC

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the resistance on the ntc is altering according to temp .so i would assume it is working .as it cooled resistance got higher.

Yes, it is working, but unless it is giving 20 KOhms in a 20 deg setting then it is reading wrongly and this will be detected by the PCB

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

after removing dryer chamber to check ntc i noticed that the gasket on under side next to fan was not properly fitted .would this be the reason it would work with 1 tea towel and not with full load because it was leaking air from gasket .we have put machine on to test it with gasket reglued in place .it has now done 50 minutes of drying with no fault

Possibly, as this would reduce the air flow pressure through the heater assembly, causing it to overheatand give you an NTC error
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair