Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My beko freezer has stopped working

Hi, my beko freezer has stopped working
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ could you clarify the make and model please you have it listed as a Beko and then later as an Indesit.

OK I have got it, could you now give me the model number of the Inde please, I will get them to refund you the monies for the other question you have also started ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i think it's a ufan 400 nf

OK that is fine, can you tell me what is wrong with the appliance please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

went to get something out of freezer, found it wasn't working. No lights, nothing. tried different socket

OK have you tried the fuse first, this appliance is a fully electronically controlled unit with electronic sensors rather than the normal thermostats. Are you able to use a multimeter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I tried the fuse first. I haven't got a multi-meter. I don't even know what one is.

OK can you put your hand on the black motor (compressor) on the back and tell me if it is hot or cold?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

if I'm touching the right thing, it's cold, but not freezing

must have been off for quite some time, as a lot of the stuff is defrosted

compressorit looks like this ~~ Indesit Compressor

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't see the picture

CompressorRefresh the page please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've seen the picture. The only difference is that my one has a silver label. I think its nc1114y

OK does your freezer have a fast freeze button on front? If so switch it on and tell me if the motor strikes up and runs?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there is a super freeze button inside. When i press it nothing happens. None of the indicator lights are working. There is no pwer.

OK ~ well Im going to give you a bit of advice which will not solve your problem tonight but will save you money, from what you have told me the main control board has failed on this appliance which will cost you £89 plus vat this comes without programs so you then need a card reader £95 and the actual program card which is about £15 all in all more than £230. A cheaper option is to contact Indesit and get them to do a fixed price repair which will be a lot less probably around £120 all in. I realize that this is not the easy answer you wanted but unfortunately Indesit electronic boards are renowned for failing and this is you best option other than buying a new freezer ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks

So there's nothing I can do.

Can't even save most of the food

Thanks anyway

Jim

Well perhaps you can get your food to a neighbour or family, other than that you are somewhat stuffed. Sorry for the bad news ~ can you now kindly rate my information to you using using the smiley faces, if you need further information once you have given this rating it is on a free of charge basis ~ Ian