Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I Have Hoover Steam Jet Dual Head SSN1700. Very little steam

I Have Hoover Steam Jet Dual Head SSN1700.
Very little steam now being emitted. Have tried cleaning it with the de scaling tool and replaced filter without success.
Around 12 months old.
No engineer locally who fixes steam cleaners.
Any help would be welcome
Brian
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
It would help me to know if the unit is just under 1 year old or over that period?
Also dos everything else seem to work and sound normal when operating the unit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, appliance is over 1 year old. Light on appliance turns green as it is supposed to, water heats up but a distinct lack of "hissing" and less water usage. Can use only as a mop.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Brian,
I understand.
Does your steam cleaner get a lot of use?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Appliance used once weekly for laminate floors in lounge, dining room, kitchen and hall. Approx. area covered 75 sq.metres.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Brian,
with these units, that get that much use, and especially if you live in a hard water area the nozzles will clog and need to be replaced.
The tiniest of particles will cause a clog and no flow.
This is an easy fix and I will help you with that when you have the replacement parts.
You can call Hoover for that.
Once you have new nozzles you can contact me and I will help you get it working correctly;-)
Here is there website and phone #, its best to simply call them for faster service:-)
http://hoover.com/parts/
Or call:(###) ###-####
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST
I will stick with you in case you need me further, you can reach me after rating at no additional cost .
please be sure to rate my answer kindly at this time before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything additional to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost and you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you Brian and have a great day!
Please rate kindly before closing this page.
Tech Michael