Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I HAVE A SHARP/DVD COMBINATION MODEL DV-RW360H IT HAS BEEN

Customer Question

I HAVE A SHARP/DVD COMBINATION MODEL DV-RW360H IT HAS BEEN BOXED FOR10 YEARS AND HAVE TRIED TO USE IT I CANNOT TUNE IT IN TO THE TV PROGRAMS IS THERE SOMTHING I AM DOING WRONG OR IS IT BECAUSE OF THE TV CHANGING
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
May I have the model #?
Also does it display the screen showing that the unit is on? Maybe a blue screen or a screen that says DVD, or does it not get that far in tuning?
also how are you hooked up, what type of cable are you using to attach to the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the model isdv-rw360h it is connected from the aireal coming in to the back of the unit and straight to the tv input on the sc

reen it has ru 1

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have not had report

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Will,
does it display the screen showing that the unit is on? Maybe a blue screen or a screen that says DVD, or does it not get that far in tuning?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has a blue screen and does sayt the time and the channels
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Will,
That should be tuned at that point.
When you see that screen it means that the units recognized by your TV so that part is ok;-)
But what happens if you try a VHS or DVD in the unit?
Does it show up at all and is there at least sound?
Please let me know how each part of the unit responds with respect to the VHS and the DVD separately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been told that it has not got a d t v tuner built in every thing works but it won't tune in the channels so I don't think you can help me thanks for trying
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Will, what you were told is correct. But... it should work on your TV. The tuner would be for changing channels through the DVD unit is all. SO you would be using the TV or a cable boxes tuner for that.
Once you hooked the unit up to the TV, and are set on the correct INPUT on your TV, then you would have the display from the The DVD/VHS on screen.
But since you do get the blue screen that means that the DVD unit is communicating with your TV as it should. But since the unit sat in a box for 10 years that can be another issue. These devices have whats called an EPROM, and some of them are internally battery backed and when that much time goes by, the battery in the IC dies and the units operating instructions will be erased, lost if you will.
SO that makes the unit not able to run the functions that were preset at the factory, I hope this makes some sense to you?
I have been a TV technician for over 30 years so I am sure of all this information and the problem;-)
In this case you would be better off replacing the unit with a new one because the part, if even still available would be pricey and require specialized soldering (surface mount type).
So between labor and parts you could buy a new unit for less than that and with more features and for less than you spent years ago on that model.
I wish I had better news for you on this I really do.
If there is anything else I can do for you please ask me Im here to be helpful one way or another.
I will stick with you in case you need me further, you can reach me after rating at no additional cost .
please be sure to rate my answer kindly at this time before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything additional to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost and you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you Will and have a great day!
Tech Michael