Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My whirlpool adp 5600 pc just stopped powering up..? have changed

my whirlpool adp 5600 pc just stopped powering up..? have changed fuse 4 times to check it is not that have changed plug sockets also and i have check that the cable is not damaged.... is there a reset button or a safety cut off?
any suggestions most appreciated.
Kind Regards Tommy
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Im afraid these dont have a reset button you can press to get it working again.

If the power suppy to the dishwasher is fine but nothing is comming up then its either down to the mains filter, door wiring or the control board.

What you need to do is remove the outer door panel.

There you will see the wires running down the door. Open the plastic casing and give each wire a tug one at a time and check for broken wires.

If the wires are fine then lie the diswasher on its back and remove the metal base. There at the back you will see the mains filter were the power cable goes to.

Check this part hasnt burnt out.

But if the mains filter is fine and the wiring in the door is ok then it just leaves the control unit. Take this out and check for signs of burning.

So check them and see what you find. But check the wiring closely as the wires in there do break quite often and it cuts the power out going to the control board.

Check them and see what you find and let me know.