George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a CDA WC140IN Dishwasher that has stopped midwash, three

i have a CDA WC140IN Dishwasher that has stopped midwash, three lights (Eco, Quick, Prewash) flashing and beeping.
when i opened the door there ia water in the base
i am wondering if there is a way to do a soft reset, or some way to drain the water. can i confirm the drain pump is working?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

The error that you are receiving is letting you know that either the filters are blocked, the drain hose is blocked, or some other reason that the appliance cannot discharge the waste water.

Turn the dishwasher off and on again and start the program again to see if it will pump out

Let me know how you get on

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

George,

I have done as suggested. Runs for a while and then i get the same error - and water still in the bottom of the dishwasher.

Any further advice?

Can you hear the pump trying to run before the error presents itself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not sure what I'm listening for, but will give it another try and listen... give me a few minutes...

Ok Nico
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There isn't any obvious sound from the pump before the error/beeping commences.

Once you have drained the dishwasher of as much of the water as possible, you will need to access the pump to remove it ... You should be able to access the pump by removing the bottom panel under the door.

Remove the pump from its housing to see if anything is stopping the impellor rotating. If not, test the pump using a multimeter to make sure that it is not open circuit.

If the pump tests ok, then you'll need to test that the pump is receiving power from the pcb.
----------------------
At this point I will now ask you to rate the assistance so far... Once rated I will be available for further assisance when needed if possible.
-----------------------