George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

AEG OKO LAVAMAT 86720 update Machine fails to take washing

Customer Question

AEG OKO LAVAMAT 86720 update Machine fails to take washing powder and stain powder,also green door light goes on and off during cycle and ther is a clicking noise occasionally - about 5 clicks on each occasion
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
How old is your washer?
Also can you tell me where about the clicking is coming from?
Did all these issues happen at the same, or did this all happen over time?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Machine is about 12 years old

Clicking is a sound a bit louder than what you here when it changes functions during the cycle but occurs about 4 times one after the other early in the cycle and again later.

These all happened at the same time.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks John,
Please describe the clicking a bit more in detail. is it a bunch of clicks? Or just a couple of clicks etc?
Also is the clicking sound coming from the control board, or the dispenser area or the motor area?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The clicking is a bunch of about 4 or5

It seems to be coming from the righthand side of the machine looking at it from the front which is probably the dispenser area.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The clicking is a bunch of clicks about 4 or 5 at the start and towards the end of the cycle.It sounds like it could be coming from the dispenser area.

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning, my name is George..

I'm sorry that you have been left hanging for so long awaiting an answer.. The other expert seems not to be available and I will therefore answer your query for you.

On your model, the water distributor acts as a lid to the water inlet compartment which houses the detergent dispenser drawer. The water distributor distributes the incoming water to the correct part of the machine and it utilizes an integrated motor to do this. It is this motor or its related parts that have failed and are causing the clicking and the failure to distribute the detergent.

If you respond to me with the product code for your appliance I shall find the correct version of the water distributor for your appliance... The product code can be found on the door inner and on the rear of the appliance.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.