Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an old Zanussi FM 9232 built in double oven and

I have an old Zanussi FM 9232 built in double oven and have problems with the fan (I presume). If I put a tray of cupcakes in the heat varies from (as you look into the oven) Row nearest the fan: 1 cooks too quickly, 2 are ok and the 4th looks windswept! In fact all on the 4th row look windswept! Help please as we rent the house and don't want to go to the expense of a new oven.
Cheers
Sharleen
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ can you tell me whether the problem is with the cooking speed or the fact that the fan is distorting the cake shape?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cakes never come out evenly risen (which is why I usually only bake loaf tin type cakes or cupcakes as they're a bit more controllable!) and the riht hand side cakes as you look into the oven look like they're blown over!!

OK can you leave this with me for a short while, from memory way back then there was an issue with this oven and they replaced the fan with one with a slower variable spin speed ie a more gentle draft. Will come to you as soon as I've checked this ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Brill - thank you Ian

In the meantime could you let me have the pnc or product code on the rating label - thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry Ian - had to go out last night. Where will I find the info?

OK you will need to change the fan motor and its blade as discussed before, unless someone has replaced your fan oven heating element at some time. The new motor has part number *********** and the blade assembly *********** Once done this should solve the problem. Would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces blow, you can come back to me at any time once this is done for further information. ~~ Ian