Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a sony dsr pd170p camcorder and when I put in the battery

I have a sony dsr pd170p camcorder and when I put in the battery (np-f960 InfoLithium) comes up with forninfolithoum battery only.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
How old is your camcorder and your battery?
Also does the battery appear to charge normally?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I actually just bought on ebay so no way of telling - the model was lainched 2000

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that Tim. this could be one of two things. When these batteries fail they can show up as being the wrong type because the current output is low and it is expecting lithium current levels.
Or it could be a failed electronic circuit board.
But the first thing to do is order a new battery for the camcorder and see if that solves the issue as it may very well do the trick;-)
If you still have this problem once you install a new fully charged battery please let me know and I will work further with you until this is fixed;-)
I will stick with you in case you need me further, you can reach me after rating at no additional cost .
please be sure to rate my answer kindly at this time before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything additional to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost and you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you and have a great day Tim. Please rate kindly at this time before closing;-)
Tech Michael