Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have an issue with tap light on and pump running but

Customer Question

we have an issue with tap light on and pump running but empty. The only way we can stop is by turning off at the mains. E nr SN6 TIEO 1GB/01. CAN YOU HELP?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

When this happens what it will be is water has leaked into the base of the dishwasher and has activated th flood switch which keeps the pump running all the time.

What you need to do to fix this is pull the dishwasher out from under the unit and lie it on its back.

This will allow the water to drain from the base so you may need a towel for this part.

Then stand it upright and retry the dishwasher and fingers crossed this will get it working again from there.

Try that and see what happens and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, will give it a go. thank you

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

No worries let me know how it goes.