George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Bosch Exxcel dishwasher keeps stopping, but starts again

Hi, my Bosch Exxcel dishwasher keeps stopping, but starts again as soon as I push the door firmly. Looking at the sides of the machine, it would seem that there is a bigger gap on the left side compared to the right side. Could it be that it requires a new seal?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you give me the full Enr of the applince please; you will find it on the top of the inner metal part of the door.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi George,

The Enr number is ***** S53E22GB/32

Tarja

Does the door seem to drop a little easier than usual?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, it looks like the door is not quite closed on the left side, although I can see it is.

Then it is likely that one of the hinge ropes are snaped

graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is this something I could replace myself or do I need a professional?

It is something you could do yourself if you are confident enough to dismantle the appliance.. Once dismantled, the task is semi-easy to do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well, i have never tried it, but am willing to give it go. Sorry, but how sure are you that it is the hinge rope? could it be anything else?

There is only two things that cause this in my experience... One is the hinge guide ropes, and the other is an unlevel dishwasher... but since it was fine until now and all of a sudden the door drops easier, I would say it is the guide rope.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ahh, it could be that it is unlevel as the problems only started when I moved to this house a month ago. How could I get it level?

There are four feet under the front... one at front and rear at either side...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, I will try to rebalance it first and if it does not work I will replace the hinge rope.

Many thanks for your assistance!

You are welcome... Please rate the assistance given; once rated I shall be available to answer any further questions you have regarding this