Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a new Dometic RM5310 fridge installed in a campervan,

Customer Question

I have a new Dometic RM5310 fridge installed in a campervan, all in accordance with the installation requirements. When operating on gas, the burner is noisy and after a couple of hours, the fridge goes off. Can you help please?
Thanks,
Simon
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
When you look at the flame is it blue mostly or yellowish more?
Also does it look smooth or kind of rough as if its getting too much gas?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It isn't possible to view the flame.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Simon, I understand.
You would need to open the back to get to the flame.
But I can tell you with 25 years + of experience with this that this is a defective component. Basically it is a safety device called a thermocouple. it regulates the gas and shuts off the flow if it can not detect the flame. But yours is in terrible shape because it should keep the flame clean and quiet and should not fail at any time.
That part will need to be replaced as it is defective.
Since this is so new it is covered under the warranty. You can have the shop that installed the fridge replace that part or the manufacturer to replace the entire fridge which would be the option I would choose;-)
I will stick with you in case you need me further, you can reach me after rating at no additional cost .
please be sure to rate my answer kindly at this time before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything additional to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost and you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you Simon and have a great day.
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Simon, Please don't forget to rate my service to you Kindly, its the only way I receive compensation for my time with you;-)
Have a great weekend!