Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Filter screen on built-in hood is difficult to remove and replace

Customer Question

Filter screen on built-in hood is difficult to remove and replace and has in fact just fallen off. Small plastic handle appears to be broken. Product details are:
E-Nr###-##-#### ***** 6907
Can I obtain a replacement part or can I contact a technician in the Sheffield (UK) area?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is George..

Are you meaning the metal filter screen inside the flap... The one between the two grids?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, it has a wire grate holding the filter mat in position.

I need you to pinpoint exactly which part you need as I would not want to lead you down the garden path as it were.... Starting from the rear:

1. At the rear there is a GRID

2. In the center of the two outer grids is a Metal Mesh Grease Filter, the one that holds the grease filter paper.

3. Infront of that there is a GRID

Which part is the part you need?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The second, I see no other. It measures 12" x 18", including a 2" side facing down, in the centre of which is a small plastic handle which is broken.

I have only just received your second request after trying to delete the 'waiting room' display after some 2-3 hours wait.

Ok .. but I am still reticent to geive you just the one part number, so I have put a small diagram below for you to look at...

The center piece I was talking about does not have a handle but is a grid-meshed filter...

It is my presumption that the grids either side may fit together to hold this part and at the same time make up the handle.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Good morning, have you managed to identify the needed part from the image I have displayed to you?