George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a whirlpool 10kg sport front load washing machine it

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool 10kg sport front load washing machine it showed FA on the error panel and started beeping. I turned it off for a few hours and started it again the panel lights came back on and the door unlocked so I thought it was ok, so I started a wash again then it did the same as the first problem but now it only shows the door locked symbol in the panel no other lights and the door cant be opened. I rang whirlpool and they said to use credit card to unlock door and then reset machine. The credit card trick didn't work so am stuck with door locked and washing in machine. It is not quite 3 years old the model isWFE210Cw
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello Vikky, my name is George..

The fault code FA means that you have an Aqua Stop problem.. What you need to do is to

1. Turn the appliance water inlet off at the tap
2. Turn the power to the appliance off at the mains and unplug it for at least 10 mins.
3. Pull the appliance out and access the inner to see if there is water in the base of the appliance.. (if there is then you need to remove the water and find the source)
4. Undo the Aquastop connection from the water inlet and check the inlet to make sure there is no blockages.

Come back to me if you still have a problem and supply me with the Service Code from the label on the rear of the appliance

Please remember to rate the assistance given kindly & be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.