George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hotpoint first edition: the wash cycle has ended but the

hotpoint first edition:
the wash cycle has ended but the machine remains locked -- how do i unlock it?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you give me the model number from the right hand corner of facia panel, under the dial?
Also, is there any water left in the drum?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No water left in the drum --- the cycle has ended.

FEW 12

Has the door been a bit hard to shut lately.. ie. Not locking to start the appliance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's been like that for some time --- I got used to it

Ok Roger, we can get it open, but it sounds like you have a door lock failure.. I'l give you instructions to get it open and give you the information to get and replace the door lock. If you don't replace the lock you will end up damaging the main pcb.

Give me a few minutes whilst I write your instructions

To get the door open:

Disconnect the power
Pull the machine out
Undo the screws and remove the lid
From the front of the appliance reach down the right side to the door lock
Remove the cover (if applicable)
Feel for the Pecker poking through the door lock and push it toward the center of the door and back again
The door will then open without the need to smash the lock or other door parts
Once you have got the door open you are then able to replace the necessary parts in the door that have broken and if need be the interlock too

You need to replace the following part

Hotpoint Door Interlock

To change the door lock you need to open the door and remove the retaining ring from the door seal.. fold the seal into the drum..
Unscrew the door lock from the front whilst placing one hand on the door lock from behind.
Carefully pull the door lock out towards you and detach the release the wiring plug.
Refit the new door lock in reverse of these instructions

If you are buying from the above link a discount might be available.. When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code id1975 to get a discount

Please remember to rate the assistance I have given you... Once rated, you can also return for further advice should you need it

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Hi Roger,

Please remember to rate the assistance I have given you... It is the only way I can get creditted for assisting you today..

Once rated, you can return for further advice should you need it