Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

L75670 FL Lavamat that is reluctant to spin, even when unloaded.

Customer Question

L75670 FL Lavamat that is reluctant to spin, even when unloaded. Wash cycle and pre spin agitation O.K. , but spin does not get going although the balance looks good. Pump makes all the right noises as though it was draining O.K. , but have not yet dismantled same to check for a blockage.
Idea's wellcome.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ would you kindly let me have the pnc or product code.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian,

pnc code as requested ###-##-####/p>

Mike.

OK leave it with me a while whilst I get hold the service manual, as things stand it will either be a motor or a motor control board that is the fault. Just need to check the self test procedure ~ does it give any fault codes after it finishes? If you put water in the tub and then place it into spin/or pump it will confirm that the pump is OK. Can I assume that the belt and bearings are OK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian,

There are no fault codes shown. Pump test is O.K.

As you will know, this machine uses a three phase motor, so is virtually

bulletproof. If you are suggesting that the motor inverter is the problem, then

this could well entail scrapping the machine as it is an expensive item.

The machine is less than two years old , but recently required a set of shock absorbers to cure a similar problem ( excesive imbalance preventing

spin ). So much for a ' quality ' machine.

And yes, Belt and bearings are fine.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I was thinking the inverter board unless as you say the out of balance comes in but it should still spin at full speed if it is empty. However, have just checked and your AEG is covered by a minimum of two years warranty. In the first instance I would be contacting AEG and asking them for a warranty call, if that fails then we can continue, the cost of the inverter board is about £110. Would you therefore rate my information to you so far, once this is done you can come back to me for further information on a free of charge basis ~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ian. Have checked on warranty, and is current.
Local engineer expected Monday 1st . Will update you when I know more.
Regards,
Mike
OK Mike, let me know what he finds for the next one. Take care ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ian,
Local engineer fitted new inverter board, and proved a fix. Good call on your part. Particularly the warranty check as it saved me £140!
One to add to your list I think. Thanks again.
Regards,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response, always good to get good to get feedback especially when it is positive. Thanks also for the rating. Enjoy the clean clothes and see you next time around. Thanks for using JA and have a great day ~ Ian