Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I bought a Samsung american fridge freezer Model RSG5U

I bought a Samsung american fridge freezer Model RSG5U around four weeks ago, when we first switched it on it made a box of ice, I then switched the control to 'no ice' and used the ice that had been made previously.
I have now switched off the no ice facility but the machine is not making any ice.
What am I doing wrong?
Brian
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ it can take up to 24 hours for the ice to reappear, how long have you had it switched back on? Would you also give me the full model number up to and including the /XEU.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had the no ice sign cancelled for at least 24 hours

i will see what happens in the next 12 hours, is it worth switching the power freeze on

No all the power freeze does is by~pass the thermostat it has not effect on the ice maker at all - full model number?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model number; RSG5UCRS

Would you also give me the letters after the / as this indicates the place of manufacture.