Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Telephone key pads, especially No. 3, 6 and 9 stick very badly

Customer Question

Telephone key pads, especially No. 3, 6 and 9 stick very badly making dialling difficult. Is there any SAFE way to 'lubricate' these please. Model KX-TCD240E
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
How old is your phone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

approx 6 years

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

about 6 years

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michael,
This really is just a work out keypad and unfortunately they don't sell just the pad;-(
You could send the phone away for this repair but really they will charge way too much in labor and parts cost, plus shipping.
I’ve taken a close look at your question. I hate to tell you, but unfortunately I don’t think the equipment involved here is worth the cost of repairs. You might even have suspected this yourself. For a lot less money than you spent on it years ago, you can fully replace it today. And for the same money, you can get higher performance with far more functionality as well.
If you still want to fix this piece of equipment and cost is no object, let me know and I will try to help walk you through it. Or, if you want to scrap your equipment for parts, let me know and I’ll try to help you with that.
I hope you find this answer helpful. If you do, please remember to rate my service. Thank you!
Warmest regards,
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michael, did you receive my last message?
Warmest regards,
Tech Michael
Please rate my service kindly at this time.