George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My approx year 2000 manufacture GE JKP15 Built-in Oven will

Customer Question

My approx year 2000 manufacture GE JKP15 Built-in Oven will turn on and start to heat up but a few minutes later will cut out. On cutting out, the entire display goes blank. Despite its age, it has had very little use and the local dealer was unable / uninterested in fixing the problem.
The various functions, clock and other settings are never used and I would be happy just to have the thermostat facility
Any ideas?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is***** type of problem you are experiencing is usually indemic of a fault in the timer/clock/display.. It is caused by a failure of one of the components thereon.

To get a repair on your appliance please ring GE on #***-***-**** where you will be able to setup a service contract or gain a one off repair

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.