Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Jura Impressa F50, now 8 years old. It has worked

I have a Jura Impressa F50, now 8 years old. It has worked perfectly apart from replacing the grinder about 5 years ago.
It has stopped automatically rinsing when we switch it off. It will usually rinse if we push the button after making a cup of coffee but that is all.
Thanks for your help.
Sheila
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sheila,
I'm sorry to hear that.
I'm slightly confused, will it still run the rinse cycle if you press the button or does it not rinse at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** answer is Yes and No.

It doesn't rinse when we switch it on, and it doesn't rinse when we switch it off - until the last few days switching on and off has resulted in an automatic rinse.

If I make a cup of coffee and press rinse, then it will usually rinse.

Hope that's a bit clearer .....

Sheila

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that clear explanation of the problem ;-)
This unfortunately is the main control board failing. Eventually other features will fail on that as well once it starts doing this.
The board can be replaced. If you are handy and have a few basic tools there is no soldering required;-)
But let me know if this something you would like to do yourself with my help or if you are going to have it repaired by a technician.
It is worth the cost of repair either way as that is an expensive model and if you love your coffee like I do loll, its worth it.
You can continue to use the unit until it doesn't work anymore but then you will need to replace the board. It may work for years like this;-)
I will stick with you in case you need me further, you can reach me after rating at no additional cost .
please be sure to rate my answer kindly at this time before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything additional to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost and you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you and have a great day Sheila!
Please rate kindly at this time.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks, ***** ***** makes sense. I will see how we go ......

You have a good day too,

Sheila