Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have bought a replacement controller TV, Panasonic

Customer Question

Hi I have bought a replacement controller for my TV, Panasonic TX-32LZD81. I have been provided by numerous codes both by Sky and by the provider, all to no avail. I have followed the instructions very carefully.
The original controller is a Rev 8, the replacement is a Rev 10. Does this make a difference?? Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
the rev doesn't matter thats really only a batch code.
As for the Remote, it sounds like the remote is not the problem but rather the receiver inside the TV thats at fault.
There is an IC on the main board and an infrared diode that receive the codes sent by the remote and decode them for the various functions.
This really isn't a do it yourself project I'm afraid unless you have experience with surface mount soldering and rework. It also requires specialized soldering equipment to fix this on this model.
Its not a very expensive repair but it needs to be done by a TV repair shop local to you.
I wish I had better news for you I really do. But before you can say the problem is the remote receiver in the TV make sure your new remote actually works. You can do this by aiming the front of the remote towards a digital camera such as one even in your phone and press any button. You should see a bright light emmiting from the remote when you look at the screen on your camera. That would prove that the remote is actually transmitting;-) The camera is sensitive to infrared light.
I will stick with you in case you need me further, you can reach me after rating at no additional cost .
please be sure to rate my answer kindly at this time before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything additional to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost and you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But my old remote controller still works the tv for every function apart from its standby button, which has gone mushy with over-use. So how come these functions work on the old controller, yet not on the new??

Yes, my camera sees a light emitting from the controller. So I HAVE to go through the process you describe????

Jenny

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jenny, unfortunately yes the problem is in the TV;-( I'm sorry. It will need service to fix this.
If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know and have a nice day Jen. I wish the news was better, but the repair shouldn't be more than $80.00 US.
Please rate my service kindly. No additional cost to do that;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Michael
I've just had my sister and brother-in-law to stay, and told him of my remote control problems. He looked up online for chat about similar problems, and found that the problem lies with the remote not being immediately compatible with my old style Sky box. And he found a different programming sequence that got the new remote to control both the Sky box and the T.V.
I'm just relieved that the problem wasn't the TV and that I hadn't spent the money to get the TV serviced as you suggested. But I'm disappointed that I spent good money on your advice which turned out not to be the answer to my problem.
Jenny
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jenny, I'm glad you got it working;-)
But in most cases with the explanation you gave to me the issue would be the receiver inside the TV.
I have been a technician for over 30 years but sometimes it would be nice if I could actually do the testing or at least see the set up you have.
Anyway if you have any further questions please feel free to ask me and have a wonderful day.
Tech Michael