Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I Have a Panasonic TV TX-32LXD70 & DVD Recorder DMR-EX77EB

I Have a Panasonic TV TX-32LXD70 & DVD Recorder DMR-EX77EB both 8-9 years old.
I recently replaced the Controller on the TV.
The DVD Controller now brings up strange messages which don't allow recording to be set up.Recently the Controller won't switch on the recorder for replay.
It's not battery problem.
What is the Part No. for a replacement recorder handset?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry to hear that. I am guessing you replaced the remote control with a universal one?
If so the trouble you describe can happen.
I would return that one and get an exact replacement remote for your TV.
There are two excellent sources for this.
Please visit either one or both to see who has it cheaper;-)
www.mtremote.com and www.remotes.com
They both have your remote and its brand new and the exact same remote your TV came with new;-)
I will stick with you in case you need me further, you can reach me after rating at no additional cost .
please be sure to rate my answer kindly at this time before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything additional to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost and you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you and have a great day, I'm sure this will stop the strange display issue.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I replaced the TV controller with a Panasonic Controller bought from Panasonic. That's history

I need to know what part no. DVD controller to order from Panasonic.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mr. D, thanks, ***** ***** #'s change over time and especially since that much time has gone by.
Also Panasonic is notorious for this change of part #'s loll.
To be sure you get the correct remote, simply contact Panasonic or one of the sites I mentioned and give them the model # ***** the DVD player so they will send the correct one to you the first time. I say this form many years of experience I have been a TV and home A/V technician for over 30 year and over 7 years here with Just Answer, So I know what happens when you send the model # ***** ask for that replacement all too often they send the wrong one.
But...if you give them the model # ***** your device, in this case the DVD unit, they match the unit with the remote as a spare part so you will get the correct one the first time ;-)
I hope that helps you understand why I am giving you this advice.
Please let me know how it goes.
Also so I can stick with you please rate my service kindly at this time, there is no additional cost for that and you can reply to me anytime after rating for anything else you may need at no cost for that. Thank you Mr D.