George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

How do i deal with my Zanussi XJ 1217 washing machine which

Customer Question

how do i deal with my Zanussi XJ 1217 washing machine which has a musty odour which permeates the washing? We have just moved house and the machine was part of the deal. I have wiped as best as i can the drumseal and cleaned the filter.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello Michael, my name is George..

The the must smell and any development of sludge is caused by the growth of bacterior within a damp atmosphere.. You can cure this by putting the appliance on the hottest wash possible, with nothing in the tub. Do this several times and on your final attempt use a proprietory cleaning agent such as affresh. Use a mildew cleaner on the door seal.

Also, it will help prevent the bacterior growth in the future if you leave the door ajar after use.

Remember to rate this assistance before leaving & kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.