Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Blomberg fuzzylogic washing machine 1501 AAA machine causing

Customer Question

Blomberg fuzzylogic washing machine 1501 AAA
machine causing problems with the fabric conditioner section in the drawer not utilizing the produce. After wash the fabric conditioner isn't used and still sits in the drawer section.
This causes clothes to come out of the washing more creased than necessary increasing ironing time (which I hate!!!) What's wrong please.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ let me start by explaining how it works and then how you rectify the problem. The fabric conditioner is delivered into the wash tub by syphon action, ie water is fed into the fabric conditioner section of the soap dispenser and as the fabric conditioner is lighter that water it floats, once it reaches a certain level syphon action takes over and the syphon action empties the section. Three different things cause this to happen, any one of these will cause the FC to be left in its slot.

a. FC syphon tube or its top is blocked or partially blocked. Remedy, take out soap draw, clean all parts including syphon tube cap and tube itself.

b. Water distribution section (top part of soap box) is blocked. Remedy, clean using a washing up brush and ensure that holes are clear of debris.

c. Water inlet valve is faulty or not receiving power to release water into the soap dispenser. Check and see if you can see water going in during fabric conditioner part of cycle. If not check there is power going to valve if not find out why, if it is receiving power, change valve.

That will solve 95% of all FC distribution faults ~ Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks - already regularly clean syphon tube and dispenser drawer

Water goes into the soap dispenser drawer during the cycle and remains in the drawer mixed with the fabric conditioner so any other ideas please?

Take the dispenser draw out and place it slightly tilted back in the sink below a tap, switch on the tap as a dribble with the water dropping in to the FC area once the water starts to syphon switch off the tap and tell me what happens (ie does the water empty or not?) This is a hydraulic operation it requires nothing other than the addition of water. When you say you clean the syphon tube do you also clean out its cap inside?
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes clean both tube and cap with small bottle brush and run clean water through the tube to double ensure no debris remains.

Have done the 'dribble' test - the water empties when the conditioner section is totally full of water.

Have also in the past tried a 'thinner' (i.e. more watery conditioner and diluted the conditioner I normally use) liquid without success.

OK are you any good with a craft or Stanley knife?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'll have a go - also hubby might be able to tackle this - what do you suggest?

OK you have to be precise when you do this to make sure you get the cut level. Cut off about 2mm off the top of the FC tube that you fit the cap upon, this will reduce the level that the FC starts to syphon at and should clear the FC earlier and leave the container empty. Better to do it a little at a time and slowly ~ Ian
how have you got on with my suggestions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi - haven't tried the removal of about 2cms from the FC tube yet - waiting for neighbour to be home - he's a water engineer - and hubby thinks he'll have the correct tool to take the bit off the tube. Hubby had a go this morning but hasn't got the right tool, so will let you know when done and if it works

OK no worries, might also help if you wind the front feet up a little so that the soap dispenser is tilted slightly backwards ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ian - neighbour came in last night and took off 2 cms of the tube. Hubby raised the front of the machine as high as it would go. Tried the machine this morning and same problem. However experimenting I've discovered if I dilute the fabric conditioner and fill the fabric conditioner drawer almost to the top of the tube the syphoning action works OK so I think between us we've cracked it thanks very much

OK this is a problem if you use concentrated FC but don't dilute it, it is too thick to syphon. However, good to hear that you have cracked it, would you therefore kindly rate my help to you by using the smiley faces below, this lets me close down the job on the system whilst allowing you further questions on a free of charge basis if you need further help. Thanks for using Just Answer ~ Ian