Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My aeg pe 8038-m integrated coffee machine is not dispensing

Customer Question

my aeg pe 8038-m integrated coffee machine is not dispensing water
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
How old is your coffee maker and does it have a piped in water supply for your water line as I suspect?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The machine is 8 years old but has been used only infrequently, I tried to use it a few weeks ago and that is when I discovered the problem. The machine has a water tank which I assume feeds the water through a pipe, hope that makes sense!

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that information. this is a simple inexpensive problem and easy to fix. I will help you with that;-)
There is an electric valve called a water inlet solenoid that opens and closes based on the coffee machine calling to fill.
These will fail especially when they machines aren't used a lot or you live in a hard water area as the sediments and minerals build up in the plunger assembly so it wont open fully. Sometimes they get stuck in the open position which luckily didn't happen loll;-)
You will need only a few basic hand tools to do this. The part has one wiring clip with two wires on it that pops off and then the water line in and out need to be removed and attached to the new one.
The best place to get that part would be Espares: Phone 0844 9777 888.
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly,and it won't cost you anything additional to rate my service. You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating;-)
Thank you and have a nice day;-)
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michael,

I will leave you feedback, I was trying to source the water inlet solenoid. I have been in touch with Espares and they unable to help unless I have a product number. I only have the model number, I have also been in touch with AEG and they emailed me a diagram of a whole load of parts (which mean absolutely nothing to me) they have told me there are 8 variants of PNC on this model and I need to identify the part then they will check the variants to see if they are the same part number. I will leave your feedback now but if there is any way you can help me I would be so grateful, I am selling my house and I need to resolve this problem I can't think what else I can do, I know nothing about appliances ( I am 70 years old)!

Thank you Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I emailed you on the 27th asking for further assistance as you had stated you would stay with me until my problem was resolved and on that basis I left you a rating. I have not heard back from you, does this mean you are

now not willing to assist further?

M.p. Jones (mrs)

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am here, I had an emergency sorry for the delay.
As for the solenoid all you should need is the modle # ***** the coffee maker.
But you should be able to read the part # ***** the part.
The part is located right where the water line enters the machine, its an electric valve with 1 wire clip going to it that is the part that needs replacing;-)
Let me know how it goes.