George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Ref.WM 6143W Washing Machine. Having set machine to a wash

Ref.WM 6143W Washing Machine. Having set machine to a wash and spin cycle, cycle has finished but door will not open. Start Pause and Spin End lights remain lit-up.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you tell me if there is water visible in the drum?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No water visible in the drum

Ok Steve, thanks for checking

Press the first auxiliary function button from the left for 6 seconds. The “Run/Pause/Cancel” led will start blinking, but so will some other lights.. Of the following lights can you tell me which ones are off and which are on. eg. on, off, on, or off, on, on
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Button pressed for the time stated but no change in lights, no blinking led's .

Ok, try this Steve...

1. Turn off the machine from On/Off Button
2. Turn on the W/M from the main switch, while pressing “start/pause/cancel” button. Start icon will start to blink within 3 seconds. At that moment, you can see the code of failure in follower LEDs..
3. After seeing the failure, erase the failure by pressing start/pause/cancel button 3 seconds
4. Turn off the machine from On/Off Button
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Lights did not flash (blink), however, Start Pause light is still illuminated, Spin End is now out and Wash light is now on. No visible Error code

Ok. try pressing the Start button for 3 sec's to cancel any program it might now be in, and then wait the 2 min's for the door to open...

Let me know what happens
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, George, Machine is still showing original fault, with Start Pause light and Spin/End lights illuminated!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, George, I have reviewed all of the previous advice you have given me eventually, by repeating all of your advice, the door mechanism finally disengaged (after numerous attempts) when I switched the power button off. I have removed all the clothing but cannot get machine to function. Still showing original fault, lights etc.

Hi Steve,

So now you have the door open, but the Start and End lights are still lit.. Is that correct?

Hi Steve,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

PhotoYes, George, Start Pause is blinking, Spin End light and Ready Light are also on.

Hi Steve, thanks for that. I can't see the image as there seems to be a problem with the link, however, the description is a better one...

Ready Wash Spin/End
on off on

This error code is saying that you have a problem with the draining system.. The pump is either open circuit or short circuit
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, George, your a godsend. Thank you so much! I've drained the washer, cleaned the pump and I am presently running a wash cycle to clean out the machine. Hopefully, all will be well after all your efforts. Removed 2 from coins filter which may have prevented the water flow.