Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a 9 year old Bosch Classixx 1200 Express washing which

We have a 9 year old Bosch Classixx 1200 Express washing which until recently has worked perfectly. Since a few weeks ago when on a normal wash cycle it has stopped moving on to the rinse cycle and instead repeats the wash cycle again. After repeating the wash it then stops but still doesn't do the rinse part so we now manually start the rinse after about an hour when the wash seems to have completed. After the manual rinse the washing has a stronger detergent smell than it used to when it worked correctly.
Is there some kind of control unit reset we can do or does it need an engineer visit to repair?
Thanks for any advice.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
This is a bad main control board in your washer. You could replace it yourself if you are handy with my help and save a lot of money. All you need are a few basic hand tools and the control board/
Or yes you would need an engineer to replace that part for you.
But if you think you can handle this and by the way no soldering is required;-) Just plugs with wires to the board;-)
The best place to get that control board would be this site:
ww.ransomspares.co.uk
But its best to simply call them for this part.
Phone: 0844(###) ###-####
Tell them you need a control board with a pre programmed IC, they will know what you mean withe that. Even if you have an engineer install this for you it will cot you less and get fixed much quicker if you already have the part ;-)
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly,and it won't cost you anything additional to rate my service. You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating;-)
Thank you and have a nice day;-)
Please rate kindly at this time before closing this page.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, thank you for your speedy response. I rung Ransomes and unfortunately they say the part is obsolete with no known replacement (they also said the last list price was £299). Bosch do a repair or replace service for £168 so I think we'll look into that.

Thanks very much for your help.