George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Bosch Fridge Freezer. KGE 36AW40G. It is 2 and half

I have a Bosch Fridge Freezer. KGE 36AW40G. It is 2 and half years old. I recently noticed small puddles of water just under the front left foot. I thought the freezer might need defrosting so I defrosted exactly as per manual.
However the puddles are still there.
Any solution?
Jenny
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello Jenny, my name is George..

Can you let me know the full Enr KGE36AW40G /??

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know what you mean by enr - as far as I know I have given you the full number. There's no / quoted on the paperwork

This will be on the label on the inside of the fridge section of the appliance (sometimes hidden behind the salad bowl)..
There are 16 versions of that model and the last 2 digits denote which version you have.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Right - well inside the fridge it says the number I've already given you PLUS

/03 FD9206 and then after lots of spaces it says 100024

Thanks Jenny...

Can you tell me if there is any ice underneath the bottom drawer in the freezer..

I'm going to be away for a short while but will come back to you when I return

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****,

There's very thin film of ice under the bottom drawer of freezer.I defrosted it on Monday.

Jenny

Hi Jenny, I am sorry I was away so long...

When you defrosted it on Monday, did you dry underneath that drawer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I definitely did dry under the drawer.

Jenny, If you remove the second drawer up in the freezer, behind it you'll find a drain hole.. That drain hole will be either blocked, or frozen.. Can you have a look and tell me which the case is please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****,

There is absolutely no drainage hole anywhere inside the freezer.

Did you mean the fridge?

Jenny

I did mean the freezer... Let me check the information I have on your model and I'll come back to you.. Maybe it is behind a panel and you just can't see it.. Let me check.

I doubt very much if the water is coming from the fridge but you can check that too if you wish... check the hole, and check under the salad bowls.. but I think you'll find those dry and clear
Hi Jenny, whilst i'm awaiting information from tech regarding your appliance, can you check to see if you have any gaps in the door seal. Especially in the area of the leak.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The door seal seems fine.

Ok Jenny, thanks for checking... I'll chat with you tomorrow
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****,

Not hearing from you I have investigated on my own.

I discovered that the drainage hole in the fridge was blocked - so I defrosted the fridge. That seems to have sorted everything.

I know you probably did your best but I'm afraid I can't in all honesty give you a good rating because you weren't able to point me to the answer.

Hi Jenny, if you have a look above.. about 5 messages up I said:

"I doubt very much if the water is coming from the fridge but you can check that too if you wish... check the hole, and check under the salad bowls.. but I think you'll find those dry and clear"

But I am glad that the problem is solved...

Check the tray on the top of the compressor too as this may overflow if the fridge hole is blocked