George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My washing machine door

Customer Question

my washing machine door is locked and red light is continuously on it has got locked somehow... i cant open

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you let me know the make and model please?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Indesit iwc 6105
Is there water in the appliance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no

Have been trying for last 3 days

Also tried to drain a littl thru the black plug in the front. clogging may be the reason, i dont know hw to clear

Is there any water in the washing machine at the moment?
You don't know how to clear what?
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i dont know hw to clear the grey pipe...

My contact number is *****
To get the door open:

Disconnect the power
Pull the machine out
Undo the screws and remove the lid
From the front of the appliance reach down the right side to the door lock
Remove the cover (if applicable)
Feel for the Pecker poking through the door lock and push it toward the center of the door and back again
The door will then open without the need to smash the lock or other door parts
Once you have got the door open you are then able to replace the interlock too

You need to replace the following part

Hotpoint Door Interlock

To change the door lock you need to open the door and remove the retaining ring from the door seal.. fold the seal into the drum..
Unscrew the door lock from the front whilst placing one hand on the door lock from behind.
Carefully pull the door lock out towards you and detach the release the wiring plug.
Refit the new door lock in reverse of these instructions

If you are buying from the above link a discount might be available.. When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code id1975 to get a discount
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the lock is here... can u help me fix it