Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My brand new CDA VK900SS microwave/grill/oven will not go past

Customer Question

My brand new CDA VK900SS microwave/grill/oven will not go past the demo programme. Is there a reset or can I have fingers that do not activate the keys? Or is there likely to be A manufacturing problem, surely it was tested when it left the factory? It did not ask me for the language when I first turned it on.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Im sorry to hear that. Your new microwave is in the demo mode and would need to be reset. Its actually been set up as a demo.
Did you purchase a floor demo model that was used for this purpose?
Or brand new in the box supposedly never used?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Brand new in a box supposedly never used.
Box was sealed.
Alistair
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that Alistair,
I could see if the unlock code is available for you but really if this were me, I would exchange the unit because it may have been used for a demo somewhere and that means people have pressed all the buttons many times and they will wear prematurely in this case. So my best advice to you would be simply to exchange this one. If the problem happens with the next one please let me know. They don't come new out of the box in demo mode;-)
Let me know if that is what you agree with, if not, and its too much trouble to do this I will locate the code for you.
In any case, I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly,and it won't cost you anything additional to rate my service. You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating;-)
Thank you and have a nice day Alistair;-)
Please rate kindly at this time before closing this page and I will remain with you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could you help me by, providing the unlock code, please?
I would be very grateful.
Alistair p.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alistair thanks I have put in a request for that info for you I will let you know what they say;-)
Hopefully it will be soon that I get a response from them. They are notoriously slow to respond.
You can also mention this to the store where you purchased the unit they may know how to do this before I get a response.
Thanks again.