Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

HOW DO I REMOVE AND REFIT A SIEMENS RTN51GB THERMOSTTIC VALVE

Customer Question

hOW DO I REMOVE AND REFIT A SIEMENS RTN51GB THERMOSTTIC VALVE FROM A C.HEATING RADIATOR?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Hi , if you are just replacing the head , then just unscrew the large ring and it will lift off . if replacing the whole valve you will have to turn the boiler off , drain down the heating system , undo both compression nuts and replace . you can 99 times out of a hundred reuse the old nuts and fit the new valve .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I WOULD'NT RECOGNISE THE LARGE RING IF IT WAS TO BITE ME. I'M SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE VERY QUESTION SHOWS I'M A PATHETIC PLUMBER. IS THERE A SMALL RING?

Hi , if it would be easier to talk on the phone then I have submitted an offer to talk that way if you wish.otherwise we can continue like this .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If you could use Siemens brochure relating to the model no RTN51 it identifies seven components in a TN51-fluid filled sensor, bellows,over travel m mechanism,stem,limit tapper,closing spring. If you could indicate where the large ring is on the sketch it would be a great help. One valve iin my system is sett to 5 closes the alve and 1 and opens the valve thatleads to the highest temperature

Hi , I can only find literature wich shows the internal workings, which we don't need to know to replace it. But just below the big plastic head is a metal ring. This is what you undo anticlockwise when undone the head will lift off

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7cGLsNJ60E7TFIyMG1hd0xmZ3hEbjEyQTlFVTAwOEJ2T2RB/edit?usp=docslist_api
Copy and paste this into your browser for a picture
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

file:///C:/Documents/Thermostatic-actuators-RTN--_29495_hq-en.pdf

unfortunately i cannot open your file, why i'm not sure, hopefully you can open the above.

as far as i can see the thrmo valve is in two parts separated by what siemens call tappets.The bottom part is probably the ring i think you referred to earlier is made of the same material as the body of the thermo. I can see nothing that looks metallic.

The issue i have is that two of my thermostats are set to give the highest heat at setting ''0'' and the lowest at ''5'. Despite all the info on the leaflet there is no explanation on how to fit / remove the valve.

Hopefully this can help you resolve the problem

Hi , I can't open your file either unfortunately. If you are around now , I think it would be easier to talk on the phone, WS we don't seem to be getting anywhere like this

Hi . myb number should be below #07814991874
Hi . I may have missed your call . would you like to try again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm afraid the cost of getting to a solution is getting too high. The cost so far of about €33.00 plus the uncertain cost of a phone.Thank you for your efforts.

Hi I only have it listed as 7 pounds but I don't really know how this site charges its customers. I'm sorry you feel like that but surely they phone call wouldn't be that much if calling from a mobile