George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Neff built in dishwasher, pump continues to work when door

Customer Question

Neff built in dishwasher, pump continues to work when door is opened and will not carry out programme. Water supply indicator is lit but inlet filter clean and no kinks in supply pipe. What is the cure?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

You have water in the base of the appliance... you need to remove the dishwasher from its housing and tilt the dishwasher backwards slightly to remove the water, then removing the right side of the dishwasher to gain access to clean-up any residual water causing the float switch to operate... Find and cure the source of the leak that caused the water.. then reassemble.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.