Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a ten year old samsung american style fridge freezer.

Customer Question

I have a ten year old samsung american style fridge freezer. It still looks really good but unfortunately the freezer has been playing up. The food is going soft and the temperature dropping and when we switch it off and on again it will freeze the middle part but not the top or bottom. Is it worthwhile fixing or should we just give up and buy new??
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ can you give me the full model number which will start with either a R or S and end with /XEU
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where will I find the model no. I don't have the book. It is ten years old.

The model number is ***** either the fridge or freezer compartment stuck on the inside wall ~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. Model RS20CCMS

OK I would like to take you through the test procedure for this appliance but to be honest it is easier and quicker to do it over the phone, if you can let me have your phone number preceded by a # ***** #13347 etc I will call you back and we can do it together ~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

#ie#13347 ***********

Talk to you later
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hiya. My husband is trying to contact you. We have the back off the freezer. Thanks.

OK give me about 30 mins I am just out on a errand ~ Ian