Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Beko DCU9330 Dryer which all works fine except

Customer Question

I have a Beko DCU9330 Dryer which all works fine except no heat...
I have tested the 2 thermostats on the heating element 1 was ok (The one with the red reset button) the other no Continuity reading at all..
I purchased a new element (Twice) as i was told the thermostats aren't sold separately and fitted but still no heat.
Out of curiosity i tested the thermostats on the 2 new elements with the same result (i purchased yet another one as i believed the 1st was again faulty)..
Should i be getting a reading from both thermostats??
Why am i still not getting any heat?
i have done all the usually 'de-fluffing'/cleaning etc but with no avail.
I am getting very frustrated with it now so any help/advise would be much appreciated..
Best Regards
Ryan Atkinson.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ ok lets give you a quick resume of how the thing runs, the heater is fed its power from the power module and this switches dependent upon a ntc sensors instructions, this sensor is fitted into the door area. If the ntc doesn't instruct the power board to supply the heater then you have no heat. The heater is independently controlled by the two thermostats fitted to it, one is the operating thermostat ie it controls the temperature that the heater operates at switching it off/on as the temperature changes. The other with the red button is the safety thermostat which trips if the temperature in the heater gets too hot. (this can happen say if the condenser or fluff filter gets blocked and there is no circulation of air across the elements) So first things first, find out using your meter if you are getting any power to the heater, if not seek out the ntc sensor and see if that is open circuit ~ you can test by measuring its resistance and then putting it in a warm place and noting if the resistance changes. Once you have done this come back to me with your results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, where is the power module located.. And how can i test it.. If this was faulty would that not prevent the drum from tumbling?? If it is the module are we then talking big money to replace?

I have tested the ntc along with the heater element and thermos attached to it and they all seem fine.

I am really starting to lose patience with this machine..

Ryan

It forms part of the main facia module, all you have to do is follow the wires back from the heater to the board and once there check continuity through the heater and whether you have a voltage at the board. It will either be the board or cables to the heater that are at fault bearing in mind you have already changed the heater assy.