canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have a zanussi cooker model ZCG551GWC. Went to use grill

I have a zanussi cooker model ZCG551GWC. Went to use grill today and after ignition and holding cooker knob in for 5 seconds the grill went off! Fan Carrys on working and gas and flame go off. Gas stays on if I set it to use top oven. The rest of cooker is working. Any ideas what the problem is. Thanks
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. There is a part called a thermocouple that senses the flame to allow the gas valve to remain open. When the thermocouple no longer senses a flame then it will turn the gas off to the component being used. With time the thermocouple will wear from being in the flame and will no longer sense a flame after ignition even though the flame is present and the flame will not remain lit. I believe this is the part that is for that model but it would be best to contact the manufacturer to confirm this is the correct part for your model and serial number.
http://www.buyspares.com/cooker-oven/zcg551gwc-94890551500/grill-thermocouple-530mm/product.pl?pid=2303050&shop=zanussi&path=108061&model_ref=936814