KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Looking with a Zanussi TCE 7127W Dryer which is

Customer Question

Hi. Looking for some with a Zanussi TCE 7127W Dryer which is stopping approx 10 mins into cycle showing end of program light. More than willing to pay the €20-€30 charge but only if it fixes problem or identifies part which eventually fixes it. On this basis can you support me?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer... how old is the dryer ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Approx 8 years old but working perfectly upto yesterday.
Thanks for that ... Lets try this and see if we can get a error code out of it ... turn the dryer off and then close the door... now press and hold the start button and button left of it together... while holding them turn the dial clockwise,one click.. the leds will now flash, release the buttons and now turn dial clockwise again further 10 positions... end cycle light will now flash with the start light...count the number of flashes and let me know, end of cycle first
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dart flashes 4 times and end of program light flashes 5 times.
OK Ben, this is error E54 which indicates a faulty motor, this can be due to a bad motor or the motor capacitor ...while a new motor will cost around £110 the capacitor is around £10 ...so it might be better replacing the capacitor first just to check if it works again... please check this Image... part#11 is the capacitor __________________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you ..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is SI 123 the part number and is the location front or rear of machine? I have top cover removed. Ben
You can buy the part from manufacturers website after you enter the PNC no ... also check this video on how to replace the Capacitor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to remove back cover to locate the capacitor?
You can remove the side panel and also make sure to discharge the capacitor before you touch them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Kevin. Capacitor located so I will order one. Fact that motor runs fir 10 mins or so suggests to me that motor should be ok? Ben
And yes I will post positive feedback
You're welcome.... Good Day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kevin. 2 capacitors when I open side. One is a 2uF with two terminals and other to left towards from is same physical size but 6uF. Your pic shows a 6uF so assuming it's one to front? Ben
Yes thats right
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin. Replaced 6uF capacitor this evening but still same problem. Operates perfectly for about 10 mins, stops drying and third led down (end of program led) flashes and beeps. Tried your test above and same result as last week 4 and 5 beeps which is error E54. Can't see it being motor if it runs smoothly fir 19 mins every time. No noise or anything. Any other ideas or do we need to replace it? Ben
Hi Ben, as stated earlier it is the motor that is bad and will need replacement ... Thanks