Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My washing machine pump light keeps coming on and it

Customer Question

Hello, my washing machine pump light keeps coming on and it won't empty the water. I have removed the thing in the bottom that catches bits and emptied it, and then switched it off to reset it. What should I try next?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer... please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
MWA 10149 WH. 12 NC 8521 007 15015
The machine was purchased in May 2013.
Thanks for that ... with the washer unplugged please pull it out and remove the drain hose.. also try to clean the drain pump..this should solve the problem..let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I have unplugged the drain hose which was clear and clean, and the ubend under which was also clean.
Where is the drain pump?
with the washer unplugged pull it out and follow the drain hose in the machine to locate the drain pump ... you will have to remove the side panels ... let me know how it goes