Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My integrated extractor fan, the model no. contains the number

My integrated extractor fan, the model no. contains the number KB063/PB/03 (the rest are not clear), has stopped working. I have checked the fuse in the plug, that's OK. Is there an internal fuse somewhere?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Is there a make on the appliance?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, it is a Hotpoint

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks for that. Im afraid that model number isnt comming up on the Hotpoint data site.

Is this a chimney hood?

Also has any of the bulbs blown?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is an integrated hood and the bulbs are fine. I was cleaning in prior to replacing the filter and there was a "pop" and it nolonger works.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok if there was a pop it sounds like hte control board has blown. As cooker hoods dont have any internal fuses im afraid.

If the fuse in the plug top is fine then you need to remove the control unit. This is the part that you use to switch it on and turn the lights on.

You need to access the control board in there and i think you will find this has blown. Now as that model number isnt correct its a bit harder for me to tell you how to remove the control board. But if you take the filters out and look around the switches you will be able to see how it comes apart as its just plastic covers there so remove them and remove the control board and check it for signs of burning on there.

Let me know what you find.