Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an Hitachi DV 18DCL2 drill (J4106024) 2011? It has always

I have an Hitachi DV 18DCL2 drill (J4106024) 2011? It has always been very good but recently I have not been able to use it because after charging the battery drill stops working very quickly. I have two batteries and the same happens with each after charging - only a few minutes power. The batteries show a voltage of over 19 volts before fitting into the drill and the same voltage after the drill stops working. Is the problem with the charger, the batteries or the drill itself?
***** *****
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Good evenign John,
How long will the drill run after charging now?
Also how old are the batteries and are they the same age?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****, thank you for your reply. The drill will only run for about 2 - 3 minutes after a "re-charged" battery is fitted. I believe both batteries are the same age but I cannot say for sure - they certainly behave the same. Apart from the reference on the drill starting J4... there is another ref. - C342809R along with the number - 2011. I think the drill was bought that year but it could be a bit older. Obviously I don't want to buy replacement batteries if the fault lies with the drill or the charger. Many thanks, John

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hey John, Thank you for that information.
These are simply two bad batteries, replace them and the drill will work awesome once again. Its a good idea to let the batteries charge until full the first time and everytime you let it run down to prevent memory effect;-)
But as you stated you dont want new batteries, in that case you will need a new drill with batteries.
In this case I would simply replace the batteries myself even.
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly,and it won't cost you anything additional to rate my service. You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating;-)
Thank you and have a nice evening John;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****,

Many thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Many thanks and best wishes to you.

John

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi John, good mrning I m glad I could be helpful;-)
Have a great day and as always if you need me again please ask for me;-)
Please rate kindly before closing this page.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Olease do not forget to rat emy service before you go;-)
Thank you and have a great evening, no cost to rate;-)