George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a problem with a Bosch Dishwasher 9000 481

Hello.
I have a problem with a Bosch Dishwasher 9000 481 498 (8907). When I run a program, the pump will run, as if it trying to empty the sump, but then after a minute or so, it will give constant beeping every second (I stopped counting at 25 beeps). The "check water supply" light is on, as is the "rinse" light.
I have pulled out the three filters from inside the machine and have also pulled off the cover for the drain pump. There are no foreign bodies in there and it spins freely.
My reading online suggests that it could be one of a number of floats which controls the pump switch. I've pulled the dish washer out of the alcove it is in, and pulled off the left hand side panel, but cant see anything like this you tube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE7oYA5l3EQ, which looks very straightforward.
Are there any online manuals for repair of my particular dishwasher? If this is the problem, it seems like a *fairly* minor issue, and I'm probably capable of fixing it.
Many thanks in advance!
Marcus
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello Marcus, my name is George..

It sounds like you have water in the base of the appliance... you need to remove the dishwasher from its housing and tilt the dishwasher backwards slightly to remove the water, then removing the right side of the dishwasher to gain access to clean-up any residual water causing the float switch to operate... Find and cure the source of the leak that caused the water.. then reassemble.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi George,

I thought I said, but missed it in my original question. The pump seems to have drained out all the water and the sump is quite dry.

The right side has a set of electrical circuits hidden behind a metal/plastic plate. The left side has some pipes and seems to be similar to what this post http://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=205101 is speaking about, with the pump running continuously but there not being any water in the sump.

I hope that makes sense.

M

Yes, the pump is running because it has detected water in the base of the appliance... (not in the sump)

In the base there is a float system that trips as part of an Anti-flood system when water is detected

The one that you have shown a video of relates to an issue where the water will fill and stop fill and stop fill and stop.. whist at the same time the pump stop pump stop pump stop

If you are saying that the pump runs continuously, the first place to look for the answer to your issue is whether you have water in the base of the appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. Ive tipped the dishwasher a few different directions to try and get water to come out, but nothing has. In addition, I've given it a bit of a wobble around to see if I can hear anything inside, but there is no sound of water moving.

Is that a good enough test, or do I need to turn the machine on its side. Though some Bosch repairers have said that Bosch machines will normally have some water laying around (in the sump though), so that will probably only have that water escape and not really prove very much

Ok Mark, in that case, can I have the full Enr from the top metal part of the door please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a few numbers on the white tag on the top metal part of the door, none of which look like an enr. So here they are:-

EG-100015

9000 541 435

100816 20 D

Are one of those what you are after?

No, the Enr will normally be stamped into the steel at the inner part of the dishwasher and the Enr of a 9000 model will normally start with SMS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ah got it.

E-Nr: SM V50E00GB / 26

Ok Mark, thank you for that.. At least now I know what appliance we are dealing with.

If you remove the left hand side panel of the dishwasher, can you check the water supply to the appliance.. Make sure that water is entering the wash tank.

Let me know what you find
Hi Mark, is water entering the side tank?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi George, The problem seems to have solved itself. Not sure what the original problem was, but ive now run one empty load and two full loads and its working. My worry is that a problem that spontaneously disappears may equally well spontaneously re-appear. What are yout thoughts?

Hi Mark, the problem will re-appear eventually if it is what I presume it to be.. f you rate the assistance given so far, I will tell you what my opinion is and give you the part number to replace, together with where to purchase it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi George, yes please do provide your opinion and the solution. Many thanks. We were under the impression that we rate the assistance after the solution has been provided.

Hello Mark,

The problem is with the water inlet of the appliance; one of the parts is defective and needs replacing.. therefore the problem you are now having will return on an intermittant basis.. The relative part is not expensive and you'll be able to change it yourself.

Following a positive rating I will give you a link to the part information for the part you'll need to change.. a link to where to purchase it .. and a description of where it is on your appliance.

regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi George, I am confused about why you are witholding the information until I give you a positive rating. When I joined the forum I understood that a rating was given at the end of the process, on solution of the problem (as per any other feedback on sites such as Ebay, Amazon, etc.). If you are operating outside of this system then we aren't interested in continuing the conversation. If you can give us the information we require to fix our dishwasher (rating aside) then that would be very helpful. Cheers, Mark

Hello Mark,

The reason I work this way is that if I do not receive the rating for assistance then I do not receive credit for that assistance.. The fact that you changed your name after starting this request for information didn't assist you in gaining my trust that you will complete the rating accordingly.

I have informed you that you have a problem with your water inlet and that you need to replace a part that has become defective.. This should have been enough for you to rate the assistance knowing that you would then receive the rest of the information required to purchase the part to be replaced.

Either way, here is the information you need.

Part information for the part you'll need to change .. you can purchase it from that same site.
The part is on the left side of the dishwasher, behind the metal panel, at the side of the water tank...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for this information. Cheers, Mark

You are welcome..