George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Is it possible to disable the LED light on a neff fridge so

Is it possible to disable the LED light on a neff fridge so we can use it on the Sabbath.
The model number is: KI1813F30G
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Having looked at the components of your system, I have the unfortunate news that it is not possible to do what you want to do on a temporary basis...

Nevertheless, a suggestion would be that you could cover the led with a piece of white bluetac or a piece of insulation tape to give you the invisability of the led on a temporary basis.

Please rate the assistance given & kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
There must be a mechanism where the LEDs are switched on.
How does that work.
Taping over the LEDs does not stop them being switched on and off which is the problem not the light they are emitting.

Can you indicate to me from the image below which led you are attempting to disable, and why?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is not the control LEDs but the LED lights at the right hand side of the cabinet which come on when the door is opened. On previous fridges with normal bulbs rather than LEDs I have been able to tape over the switch or unscrew the bulb.

There is no obvious switch or means by which the LED lights come on.

Hello again, I understand what you qare asking now; you wish to disable the interior led lights..

Please excuse my ignorance of your faith and the reasons you wish to disable the lighting.

I shall ask the question of the tech department tomorrow, if you can wait for an answer.. Alternatively, I shall Opt-out to see if you can gain the answer faster from another.

Please indicate your wishes

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can wait for an answer

Ok thank you.. I shall respond as quickly as I can
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Basically our faith forbids us from making an electrical connection on the Sabbath eg switching lights on etc. (We use a time switch). In the past we have either disabled the fridge light switch with tape etc or unscrewed the bulb and neither of these are now possible.

Thank you for that enlightening and educating explaination ... I shall return with a response / answer as soon as I can.

regards
Ok, it has been confirmed by the tech dept that the switch for the led interior lights cannot be disabled ..

However, we may have a non-standard idea for you. I will need you to ring me on my work phone of #07787182156 to give you that information.

The way the lights are switched on is by a magnetic switch located in the surrounding of the casing where the door closes.. The switch is operated by the magnetic seal from the door.

Your model does not have a Sabbath Mode, but some models do; so if you ever need to change the appliance, it may be worth you while to request this feature when searching for the model you want.
Thank you for your telephone call this morning.. I am glad that our little trick worked for you.

I will post you the list we talked about as soon as I have it available.

I will post the tip/trick/idea as soon as we have the information on it it developed to its best, ***** ***** we are not continually updating it. But obviously, in the mean time, it can be shared freely with anyone in the Jewish community that needs the answer to the problem more quickly.

regards
Hello Sir,

I have now heard back from the department that was dealing with the query regarding current models with the Sabbath Mode...

The Sabbath Mode is only available in the products of the Siemens range of the BSH Group product.
Information regarding the model nearest to the one that you have which has the Sabbath Mode as an inclusion in its programming or build is as follows:

Neff KI1813F30G: Height: 1175 x 560 x 550
Siemens CI30RP01: Height: 2029 x 756 x 627

I'm glad that the idea regarding the magnets assisted you.. Please rate the assistance as appropriate... and feel free toi return for further advice as necessary.

regards
George