Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Bosch washing machine WFK 2801. I wish to empty the

I have a Bosch washing machine WFK 2801. I wish to empty the machine mid-cycle without spin. I have set to Rinse hold and programme selector to 7. The programme duration shows either 1 or 2, it then changes to a flashing 06 and the main wash and rinsing lights also flash and there is a continuous bleeping sound. Can you help me please?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Is the washer faulty thats why you want to drain the water out?

Also is there a reason you dont want it to spin?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think my spectacles may be inthe clothes in the wash

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok turn the washer off and select the spin only cycle.

The wash wont spin untill all the water has drained out of the machine.

So start it on a spin cycle and you will see the water draining.

Once the water has drained out then you can stop it before it spins and then wait a few minutes and the door will then open so you can sort it from there.

Try that as thats the only way to get the water out stright away so dont worry about it spinning as you can stop it once the water has drained out and it wont even spin.

Try that and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did what you suggested but it did not empty and again I got the same flashing lights, beeping and duration showing 06.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok that 06 you have comming on the display is an error code. Its a draining problem you have here im afraid.

What you need to do us remove the plastic trim on the front at the bottom and there you will see the filter.

Located near that may be a small thin hose.

Hang this into a bowl and remove the end cap and you can slowerly drain the water from there.

If theres no hose there then im afraid this will get very wet. Place a few towls on the floor and get a shallow tray under the filter and slacken the filter to drain the water from there.

Once all the water is out from there then you need to fully remove the filter and give this a good clean out from there. Then make sure theres nothing stuck in the pump impeller at the back inside that chamber.

Once thats all clear retry the washer and that should cure this from there.

So the problem with this is a draining issue so once thats cleared the washer should be back to normal from there.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is draining very slowly. I will let you know on progress in half an hour. Thanks.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

No worries thats fine.

If its draining very slowly then its blocked somewere in there so check the flter and see what you find.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think it is back to normal now. Many thanks

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Nice one glad to hear its sorted and thanks for letting me know how it went.

If you havent already if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Expert:  Miel-cssm replied 2 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.co.uk/appliance/94dxj-bosch-washing-machine-wfk-2801-wish-empty.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.