George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

If I accidentally press to dial someone but then stop

Hi - if I accidentally press to dial someone but then stop it quickly , on my samsung phone it shows up as 'cancelled'. Does this mean that the person i was calling saw i had called or not? thanks
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Not necessarily... If you disconnected the call before the connection was made then NO, however, if the connection was made before you disconnected then YES.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for your answer - i dont know if it connected or not, i dialled by accident and didn't have my ear to the phone..i just wondered if the samsung phones would say a call was 'cancelled' if it had actually connected and rung a couple of times.

The Samsung phones, as with most phones, will state that the call was cancelled in either case.. The phone is telling you that YOU cancelled the call as oposed to the person that you were calling..

Please remember to rate any assistance given today