Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

DOMETIC 3X WAY MOTOR HOME ONLY WORKS ON 12V ?

Customer Question

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ could you give me the model number please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its a 2005 auto trail van but I don't know where the model number is?

OK I'm afraid without full details of the model I will struggle to answer you questions as there are numerous variations and in some cases one offs that are manufactured by Dometic. Do you no have an instruction pack with the van?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi,I have the manual and it covers RM 7271L RM7275L RM7291L RM7295L RM7361L RM736L RM7371L RM7401L AND RM7405L

OK let me have a look at the range and come back to you ~ Ian

OK as you will be aware this appliance uses three different models to cause the cooling action to happen, gas, 12 volt dc electric and 220-240 volt ac electric. From what you are saying the 12 volt system is working but not the other two. Taking on board that all three are controlled by the main pcb it would seem likely that this has failed however to be sure you would have to check that the gas valve and 230 volt heaters are operating. The problem you have is that you have to get to the back of the refrigerator to check them which will entail removing the gas supply pipe and withdrawing the unit. Bearing in mind that UK Gas Regulations require this to be done by a 'gas safe' engineer could I suggest that you take the Van to someone familiar with this type of absorbsion refrigeration system ~ if however you would like more pointers I will be happy to help ~ attached is the parts list for one of the model that you listed earlier ~ Ian

http://www.leisurespares.co.uk/files/rm7271.pdf