Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an AEG fridge/freezer Model; SANTO N 7 18 40-41 Type

Customer Question

I have an AEG fridge/freezer Model; SANTO N 7 18 40-41
Type B 25717
During my 2 months absence (ill health) it was defrosted and cleaned by a friend.
Now I cannot get the top fridge to cool (electric light is on) although the bottom freezer is cooling. (It has its own thermo setting).
There is what seems to be a thermostat control on the wall with a snowflake symbol and numbers 5 to 30. I have tried several settings but it will not cool.
I'd appreciate any help you can offer. Many thanks. David
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ can you kindly give me the product code for this appliance and I will have a look at the specs and come back to you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Serial No. 604 000 10 is all I have. No paperwork regretfully.

OK neither of the numbers you have given me are listed on the AEG website, I need what is called the product code or pnc which will be on the rating plate, it is 9 or 11 figures long and likely will start with a 6 or a 9.