Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My hoover DMH 148F washing machine, now on the wool cycle,

Customer Question

My hoover DMH 148F washing machine, now on the wool cycle, refuses to empty and is stalled with one minute left to go. I can't get the door open either. This has happened before - but only on the wool cycle. It is fine on the other ones. The dial turns but it doesn't change the cycle choice. Any thoughts ? It isn't an ancient machine either. Theodora
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

If you select just a spin cycle only will it drain the water out?

If not then do you hear a humming noise comming from the bottom of the washer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, if I put it on the spin cycle it doesn't drain out. And yes there is a continuous humming

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok that humming noise you hear will be the drain pump. You will probberly find its blocked up in there.

What you need to do if you can is pull the washer out and lean it backwards and get someone to hold for you.

Then remove the plastic trim on the fornt at the bottom.

There you will see the filter. Place a washing bowl under there and slacken the filter and you can slowerly drain the water from there.

Once the water is out fully remove the filter and give this a good clean out. Then look inside the chamber were the filter goes and in there at the back is the pump impeller X shape. Check theres nothing stuck in there jamming it up.

Once its all clear refit the filter and retry the washer and fingers crossed thats sorted it from there and gets it up and running again.

Let me know how it goes.