Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Television screen goes blank seconds then okay ..

television screen goes blank for 10 seconds then okay for 20seconds.. sky say its the television not broadband
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer. This question should have been listed under the TV catagory, but I am also a TV expert so I will help you.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
May I have the make and full model # ***** your TV?
Also the age of the TV?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tv is 8 years old... Samsung model le32387bd

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Dave,
Does the TV keep repeating this pattern or does it do this only one time?
Also do you lose audio during the blankng screen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have already answered first question at the moment it has been repeating for 2 hours I lose audio during blank screen

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dave,
please be patient as this is a technical issue and we have to determine the problem without actually seeing or testing the set.
This may take a bit of time as I mentioned;-)
Thank yu for the information.
Akso does the power light remain ON during all of this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just gone back to 10 and 20 seconds.. power light seems on when its blank but goes off when picture there

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Dave,
this is more than likely a power supply issue.
The internal power supply board will need to be replaced to fix this.
There is no soldering required;-)
But you must be sure to be careful and follow ESD proceedures to prevent static electricity from damaging components in the TV while making this repair. A few basic tools are all that is needed to do this and I will assit you at no addtional cost.
The best place to get a new power supply board is partmaster, I have included their website and phone # ***** your convenience below.
Its best to call them to order this part as not all parts are listed on the site, especially for sets that old.
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly,and it won't cost you anything additional to rate my service. You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating;-)
Thank you and have a nice day;-)
Please rate kindly at this time.
Visit: http://www.partmaster.co.uk/samsung/tv-projector/catalogue.pl?shop=samsung&path=113140
Or call:0344(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so wot happens if I do this and its not the power supply

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dave I have been a TV tech for over 30 years loll, that should solve the issue you are having.
But if for some reason you still have a problem, just let me know, also you can ask me for installation advice once you rate and I will be here to help until your TV is working the way it should.
No additional cost to rate either.
Have a great evening and please rate kindly at this time.