George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Our beko american fridge freezer gnev321apx is not coolon

our beko american fridge freezer gnev321apx is not coolong/freezing
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is George..

Can you hear the fan running in the refrigerator or freezer compartment

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George have switched fridge/freezer off at the wall just will switch it on and check. noticed last night when i opened fridge door the fan was running and stopped running after I opened the door.

switched it back on at wall fan doesn't seem to be running now

Can you check in the freezer to see if the fan is running.. or is there a noise from the fridge side that stops when you open the door

Also, is there any ice or heavy frost evident on or near the rear wall of the freezer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

fan located at rear of freezer same compartment as compressor and cooling equipment is running . fan in fridge compartment is also running now cutting out when you open door. no ice or heavy frost

How long did you have the unit turned off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

couple of hours

So, to recap

The fridge is warm
The freezer is warm
The fridge fan is operating
The freezer fan is operating
There is no ice in the freezer back wall
The compressor is running and is hot

Is that all correct Stuart?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yeah basically the compressor is hot but i can leave my hand on it so not very hot.

Then sorry Stuart, that would suggest to me that your appliance is either short on refrigerant or you have a blockage in the refrigeration system...

Either of those two problems will need a visit from a refrigeration engineer to either recharge the system with refrigeration or to solve the issue causing the blockage if that be the case.

If you wish, I can try advise you of a refrigeration engineer who covers your area.. To do this I would need your postcode.

I ask that you now rate the assistance given to you today.. Once rated, please feel free to ask for further advice if it is needed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi thanks postcode is ML2 0QF do you know roughly how much this will cost?

Here are a few to be starting with that are local to you... I have no idea on cost, because that generally changes depending on where you are in the country and also on the engineer.

Western Refrigeration (Commercial & Domestic )
168 Goremire Road, Carluke, ML8 4PN
Tel: 01555 668253

Twenty Four 7 Refrigeration
Tel: 01355 230525
Unit 29 Hillhouse Workshop, Argyle Crescent, Hamilton, ML3 9BQ

J.C. Electrics
Tel: 0141(###) ###-####br/>17 Newton Farm Rd, Glasgow, G72 7UJ

Please kindly remember to rate the assistance as this is the only way we get a credit for assistang you.

regards
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair