George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Bosch excel dishwasher which has stopped releasing

I have a Bosch excel dishwasher which has stopped releasing the dishwasher tablet. Any ideas?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you given me the ENR from the top metal part of the door please... It is stamped into the metal near to the door lock.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
SGS43A18GB/27

Thank you David..

Behind the front panel of your dishwasher there is the rear of your dispenser.. on that dispenser is a solenoid which actuates the door of the dispenser.. Either the solenoid has stopped working, the actuating mechanism is broken, or the pcb has stopped giving power to the solenoid.

The solenoid is available to purchase as a separate part.

I ask that you now rate the assistance given, following which, further advice can be given if needed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot turns out solenoid has seized up, any ideas where I can locate one?
Excellent David, problem found..

I ask that you now rate the assistance given by me today... then click here to view the part for sale on the Bosch website

regards
George